Lisa Lorentz, clinical psychologist
Phone: 0404 487771
Address: Suite 501, 35 Spring St Bondi Junction
Lisa has over 20 years experience working as a Clinical Psychologist in public and private hospitals and has been in private practice for over 13 years. She has also worked on several large research projects including the Sydney Stroke Study.
Lisa has extensive experience working with clients across the lifespan, with adolescents (16 yrs+), young and older adults and couples.
Some of the issues Lisa provides assistance with include:
- Adjustment to life transitions (such as retirement)
- Anxiety, worry, phobias and depression
- Carer stress
- Chronic pain and illness, including migraine and endometriosis
- Cognitive impairment and dementia
- Grief and loss
- Infertility, IVF and adoption
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Loneliness and social isolation
- Performance / exam anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Step-parenting and blended families
- Work-related stress
Lisa is passionate about supporting people to improve their overall wellbeing and health, has a warm empathic manner and works collaboratively with clients to help them achieve their goals.
The treatments Lisa uses are evidence-based and have been shown to be highly effective. These include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Schema Therapy.
The treatment plan is individualised and based on a thorough assessment of the issues. Therapy can be short term or in cases where there is complex trauma or chronic problems, longer term therapy (more than 10 sessions) may be indicated.
Lisa is a registered Medicare provider and is registered with most private health insurers.
Please contact Lisa on 0404 487771 for further enquiries or to make an appointment.